Saturday, April 7, 2012

19 months

I took G to the park this week and she had her first ride in a park baby swing.  She loved it!  She was smiling and squealing and giggling.  There are a few pics, some of her wrinkled-nose smiled reminded me of her half-brother.





We also went to an indoor pool this week. She had a blast splashing in the water.  She didn't seem to mind that the water was cold, she just wanted to play.

She now flops herself back and forth in her little pink bath.  She loves to play in the running water, as I remember her half-brother used to love.


She is still scooting around well, and loves to empty things.  She tries to get into the bottom drawers in my bedroom while I get ready in the morning.  She loves to empty her toy basket, diaper basket and anything else she can.  She is getting good at bending her knees to raise her little butty while she scoots, and looks very much like an inch worm.  We're working on trying to get her to alternate arms, rather than using them together.



Gramsy A bought some Easter eggs that G has been playing with.  The other day she had one open, holding one half of it while she sat in the high chair.  I put mac & cheese in her mouth and she would take the noodles out of her mouth, put them in the Easter egg half, then take them back out of the Easter egg and put them back in her mouth.  She liked that a lot.


The speech therapist seems to think she is doing well.  She is getting the idea of "asking" for something, although she's not quite doing it yet.  I do believe G clearly understands the word "no."  She scooted over to the DVD tower the other day, and I told her "No, no," and she slowly took her hand away.  She tried one more time before giving up and moving to play with something else.
  One of these photos is of Gwenny birthday shopping with me and Auntie A.  G likes to sort through and pick out clothes.  :)









 I noticed how bulky cloth diapers are on other babies, and how it pushes their little hips apart. I ran it by our PT, and she thought it would be fine to give it a shot. So I've been double diapering G in hopes that it will help her little hips stretch. Our developmental doctor told me if her hips don't loosen by our next visit, he wants to put her on a med to help relax the muscles.  I'm trying to avoid that.



Gwenny is blowing kisses like crazy and loves the iPad. She is almost at 21lbs and eating good. She really likes cheese and clementines. Still trying to get her to drink more apple juice so we can stop the miralax.  Seizure meds are still working and she's very smiley.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the double diapers make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF you are interested, I have some cloth diapers (all-in-one, pocket style) that you can have or even try out to see if you like them. Yes they're used but I was very particular about washing and drying them correctly.

    ReplyDelete